FreshTest is an Australian Chamber of Fruit and Vegetable Industries or Fresh Markets Australia (FMA) initiative to provide low-cost MRL (chemical residue) and microbial testing for Primary Wholesalers and their Growers in Australia’s Central Markets. As such, Brismark is proud to facilitate FreshTest in the Brisbane Markets.
The tests are confidential and are used for verification for food safety and quality assurance systems. All laboratories used in the FreshTest program are the National Association of Testing Agencies (NATA) accredited.
FreshTest has grown to become the largest and most comprehensive horticultural residue-testing program undertaken in Australia. It continues to grow as industry participants realise the unique benefits that FreshTest offers.
Brismark coordinates samples for testing on behalf of FreshTest Australia for Primary Wholesalers within the Brisbane Markets and Growers across Queensland and the Northern Territory.
Dedicated and experienced team
- Personalised service
- We know the industry
- Substantial savings due to volume testing
- Savings are passed onto you
Convenient, simple, and quick
- We are at the Brisbane Produce Market
- One phone call for all your testing
- We do all the hard work
- An easy process to follow
- Easy to read results
- Quick turn-around
- Wholesalers can access results online (including historical data)
Organising a FreshTest® is an easy process:
- Complete the FreshTest Request Form and email the FreshTest Coordinator at email@example.com or fax (07) 3915 4224 the day before testing is required.
- Provide a minimum of 500 grams of product for each test. For example, a C3 and a M1 test sample requires a minimum of 1kg of product. Larger produce samples such as watermelons require one whole piece of fruit for each test requested.
- Drop your produce at the Brismark Credit Service by 8am each day. Product received post 8am is placed in refrigerated storage until the next collection day. Brismark processes and sends tests every weekday.
- Laboratory results are available on the FreshTest Online portal approximately 4-6 working days from the testing date.
Deliver samples to:
Brismark Credit Service
Ground Floor, The Fresh Centre
Physical address to post or courier samples to:
FreshTest – Brismark
Level 2, The Fresh Centre, Brisbane Markets
385 Sherwood Road, Rocklea QLD 4106
Register Your Interest
Interested in finding out more? Fill in the form below, phone us on (07) 3915 4222,
or visit us on Ground Floor of the Fresh Centre at the Brisbane Markets.
News, Videos & Publications
Select a filter tab to find out more