- Do I need to have a signed agreement with the Wholesalers I deal with?
Ensure you have a signed Horticulture Produce Agreement with your Wholesaler. It is a mandatory requirement of the Horticulture Code of Conduct.
- What should I do if my expected crop levels change?
Communicate with your Wholesaler if you’re experiencing any crop difficulties, or if you have an especially good crop.
- How can I maintain a good working relationship with my Wholesaler(s)?
Accurately grade and describe your fruit so that you maintain transparency and accountability with your Wholesaler. It is also important to select reliable carriers who can get your produce to its destination efficiently and in good condition.
- Can I get regular updates about prices at the Brisbane Markets?
Price reporting data is gathered daily on the trading floor of the Market. The information is collated by Market Information Services.
- How can I ensure my produce is suitable for the Markets?
Find a Wholesaler who deals in the produce you grow and discuss the requirements with them. You can access a list of Wholesalers and the produce they deal in here.
- Can I see all the Wholesalers who sell the produce I grow?
Our produce matching tool lets you see what Wholesalers grow and gives more information about the Wholesaler if you’d like to get in touch. See more here.
- Do I need to keep records of all my transactions?
Always use consignment notes to help track your produce. These are a great reference point if something ever goes wrong. For example, if you have a dispute, a record of your transactions will be required.
- Who should I speak to if I’m experiencing issues with dealings at the Brisbane Markets®?
If you have any issues, contact our Dispute Resolution Grower Hotline on 1800 631 002. The service is free and confidential.