The operation of high-risk equipment (LF Forklift) requires the operator to be licenced. A business allowing an unlicensed person to operate a forklift, is in direct breech of the WHS legislation and could face serious fines.
Note: Trainees must be at least 18 years old to complete the assessment and be issued with a Forklift license.
- Part 1: Theory Induction (4 hours) – participants are provided with a training plan and learning guide.
- Part 2a: Practical Driver Training (2 hours to be held the day after the Theory Induction) – completed at the workplace. The trainer will book a time to complete the practical driving training on completion of the Theory Induction. A log book with be provided once the Practical Driver Training is complete.
- Part 2b: On the Job Training (up to 20 hours) – Participants are required to complete up to 20 hours driving practice – logbook signed off by supervisor; complete training plan and study and review the learning guide.
- Part 3: Written Theory Assessment (2-3 hours) – Brismark will contact participants to book your assessment once you have completed your on-job training. Alternatively, you can contact Brismark to book.
- Part 4: Practical Driving Assessment (1 hour) – The trainer will book a time to complete the practical assessment on successful completion of the written assessment (usually the following day).
Participants are required to provide three matching original documents as evidence of your identity. Information re what combination of documents is required will be emailed to all registered participants before attending the course.
Cancellation or Failure of Assessment
Failure to attend a booked assessment or providing less that one week notice of cancellation will incur a cancellation fee in addition to your initial course cost. If a participant fails their written assessment twice, they will be required to re-register and complete the whole course as per WHS Qld requirements. This will be at the full course cost.
In the event of a no-show, walk-out, or non-attempt at a written assessment, (unless a medical certificate or equivalent is supplied) or during practical assessment, racking is not compliant or certified and/or forklift is not compliant – a re-sit assessment fee of $289.00 + gst will apply.
Target Audience: Storeworkers in the Markets who wish to obtain a forklift licence.Find More Upcoming Courses