The operation of high-risk equipment (LF Forklift) requires the operator to be licenced. A business allowing an unlicensed person to operate a forklift, is in direct breech of the WHS legislation and could face serious fines.
Note: Trainees must be at least 18 years old to be eligible to complete the assessment and be issued with a Forklift Licence. Forklift Operators must also obtain a Brisbane Markets Limited issued Forklift Operators Permit in addition to their License to operate in the Common Areas of the Brisbane Markets.
- Part 1, Tuesday 6.30am to 10.30am: Theory Induction (4 hours) – participants are provided with and complete a training plan and learning guide during this session. Upon completion of Theory Induction, the trainer will book a time to complete practical driving training.
- Part 2, Wednesday: Practical Driver Training is a 2 hour training session completed at the workplace, held the day after the Theory Induction. A logbook with be provided once the Practical Driver Training is complete.
- Part 3, Thursday 7am to 10 am: Written Theory Assessment (2-3 hours). On successful completion, the trainer will book a time to complete the practical assessment.
- Part 4: On the Job Training – Participants are required to complete driving practice in the workplace, with logbook signed off by supervisor.
- Part 5, Thursday (one week after successful completion of written theory assessment): Practical Driving Assessment (1 hour) – This assessment must be conducted in a controlled environment that meets the requirements of WHSQ. Therefore, it will be conducted at the Construction Training Centre (CTC) – 460-492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury.
Participants are required to provide three matching original documents as evidence of your identity. Information re what combination of documents is required will be emailed to all registered participants before attending the course.
Cancellation or Failure of Assessment
Failure to attend a booked assessment or providing less that one week notice of cancellation will incur a cancellation fee in addition to your initial course cost. If a participant fails their written assessment twice, they will be required to re-register and complete the whole course as per WHS Qld requirements. This will be at the full course cost.
In the event of a no-show, walk-out, or non-attempt at a written assessment, (unless a medical certificate or equivalent is supplied) or during practical assessment, racking is not compliant or certified and/or forklift is not compliant – a re-sit assessment fee of $289.00 + gst will apply.
Target Audience: Storeworkers in the Markets who wish to obtain a forklift licence.Find More Upcoming Courses