The Queensland Chamber of Fruit and Vegetable Industries Cooperative (Reg No 146274124) (Brismark) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and their personal information and complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Please read this carefully as it will have important consequences for you in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information which you provide to Brismark.
You understand that:
- Brismark is the party who is collecting your personal information. We can be contacted at email@example.com or alternatively you can write to us at PO Box 70, Brisbane Markets, Rocklea Qld 4106.
- Brismark will collect your personal information directly from you when possible. In certain circumstances, Brismark may be required to collect personal information from third parties. We will, whenever reasonably possible, make you aware that we have done this and why, unless we collect the information from the following types of parties:
a. your financial institution;
b. credit reporting bodies;
c. Brisbane Markets Limited, or any of its related entities;
d. any guarantor, creditor referee, trade referee, or personal referee listed on your application for credit;
e. from publicly available sources;
f. those instances where we may be required to collect information by law, without any requirement to notify you of the same; and
g. our contractors, agents, partners, suppliers or other companies who assist us in processing your application and providing our products and services to you.
- The purpose of Brismark collecting your personal information is:
a. assessing your income and credit worthiness;
b. assessing guarantors, if any and processing any details regarding guarantors;
c. to facilitate the processing of your application or request for any credit service, credit or payment facilities, buying brand, debt recovery, fuel card, bookkeeping service or related service with Brismark, and the administration and management of the foregoing, which shall include but is not limited to processing any requests in relation to the service, and providing any refunds of any products or services purchased;
d. the provision, administration and management of our products and services;
e. to provide related functions, including handling customer enquiries and complaints relating to any sales of products or services;
f. to offer you updates, discounts, or other content or products and services that may be of interest to you and to provide you with direct marketing communications from us or our related entities and associates (using direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages); and
- If we do not collect this personal information in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3, then Brismark:
a. will be unable to facilitate the processing, administration and management of your application or request for a credit service, payment facilities, buying brand, debt recovery, fuel card, bookkeeping service or related service; and
b. will be unable to adequately provide you with credit service, payment facility, buying brand, debt recovery, fuel card, bookkeeping service or related service; and
c. we will be unable to send you direct marketing communications (unless you have consented to such communications through your other dealings with Brismark).
- Your personal information may be disclosed to the following classes of people and organisations in connection with the purposes in paragraph 3:
a. Brismark, its personnel and related entities;
b. if applicable, your guarantors or referees listed in your application for credit;
c. third party service providers including without limitation IT service providers, contractors and sales consultants and other parties who assist us in providing our products and services to you;
d. third parties connected with the sales and after sales process including, ecommerce services and financial institutions;
e. if applicable, credit reporting bodies such as Veda and other credit providers;
f. our contractors and agents, including third party providers who undertake our bill and/or credit services;
g. third parties, such as the Australian Taxation Office, external debt recovery agents or appropriate court (depending on the value of the debt) or other entities to which we are required by law to disclose personal information, should the delay in payment of a debt proceed to litigation; and
- It is possible that some of the information collected via this application for credit may be disclosed to Brismark’s service providers outside of Australia. You consent to your information being disclosed to a destination outside Australia for this purpose, including but not limited to the United States of America and you understand and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures of your personal information.
Collection Notification Statement – Credit Service and Bookkeeping Service